Friday, July 31, 2009

Fourth of July! (very late)

For the fourth of July this year, we had our annual block party! This year we were in our neighbor's back yard (meaning we didn't have to get ours ready for company)!!! We did our traditional grilling, and firework show... the only thing different this year (beside the addition of Reid of course), I had a bummed hand! YEP... I was getting grits out of the microwave right after the timer buzzed that morning (I should NOT do things in a hurry), and spilled them all over my hand! I was in PAIN!! I even took one of my pain meds from my c-section, and I didn't even need them from the surgery!!! Anyway, I was such a baby... or maybe it really did just hurt that bad!! Regardless, I am now healed, and it's a sheer memory!

By that night, my hand no longer felt like it was on fire, and we had a blast as usual! Here are a few images from the afternoon!


Maclain playing with his church budy Lilly, and his favorite puppy dog, Grace. Side story here: One afternoon while I was still pregnant, he came in from playing with our neighbor's little girl, and their dog (Grace), and he said "I REALLY wish I could have a dog like Brianna!" I said, "But you're fixing to have a brand new baby brother... wouldn't you rather have a baby brother?" And his answer.... "No, I'd rather have a dog!" SORRY REID... maybe he's changed his mind now!

Checking out the world on the day that he was originaly expected to enter it!


Now he's just checking out PawPaw... or maybe just the back of his eyelids!


LOVE their shirts!! Jared thinks I'm going to do this to them forever! :) I love having two boys!!


2 comments:

kimberly t. bowling said...

Love their shirts! Congrats on two precious boys so close in age...nothing beats it!

And I have to agree, Reid's lips are something to behold...almost makes you jealous they look so perfect!! :)

Family Band---you are one talented lady!!

Courtney Long said...

love those shirts!!