Friday, January 16, 2009

Baby Update!

Yes... I'm like 5 sessions behind in posting... but this is more exciting!!! :)





I went for my 16 week check-up yesterday!! (I will be 16 weeks tomorrow) The baby's heart rate was 153. I am now just a few pounds from my starting weight... because until the last few weeks I've slowly lost weight. I am now a bottomless pit, so I'm afraid I may grow quite quickly!! Everything they test for routinely was fine yesterday! I am still about 4 weeks from where I starting complications with Maclain, so we'll see!!

Maclain has nicknamed the baby Sammie! Cute, right!!?? This was a BIG improvement from the name "Frog" he had picked!!! Well... so I thought! Yesterday, he called the baby Sammie Starfish... so it hit me... he obviously got this name from something! Upon further questioning, Sammie Starfish is Oswald's friend (a cartoon)! So, there you go! I'm carrying Sammie Starfish... but we call him/her Sammie for short!!! :)

I know these pictures are a pitiful excuse for a photographer's pictures!!! BUT, I have NO idea where my tripod is, which means I can't really finagle my big camera to work for self portraits in the mirror... so I had to use the cheapo... and without a flash, with really weird lighting in the bathroom... for me SELF PORTRAIT! :) But... you get the idea!! I'm growing quickly! My uterus is right at my belly button as of yesterday... which means no belly button soon!
After my appointment I ran to Burlington Coat Factory for some home decor stuff, and they have a great baby depot. Walking around and looking at everything got me SOOOOOO excited... the most excited I think I've been with all the worry that has clouded my excitement for SO many weeks)! Now, I just need to know boy or girl and we can start with the really fun stuff!!!
How did I get so blessed???

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a cute belly! You look great!! Can't wait for you to find out what you are having. Any names yet?

Kim Lawson said...

Great "bump"!

hicksfamilycircus said...

I love these pictures. So cute. And thank you for your comment. I do know I am strong but I also know from where and Whom it comes.
Love you guys!! Will be keepin ya in our prayers.

Kristi Carmon Huskey said...

Cute belly!

I'll keep you in my prayers.

Unknown said...

Cassie!!
How sweet!! You look TERRIFIC!!! Keep up the good work Mommy! ;-)