Monday, February 9, 2009

Time for another laugh - at me!

I am behind 4 sessions in editing and fixing to start another one... but I had to share this!

SO, most of you know it takes a lot to embarrass me, and believe it or not, this doesn't either, so I'll share!

Saturday night, I asked Jared, "Think it's okay to use sunless tanners while you're pregnant" (I actually said "selfless tanners", but caught myself and laughed, then corrected myself... and that's not the funny part)! He pretty much rolled his eyes wondering what difference it makes... I'm pregnant, it's not like I'm going to be showing skin any time soon!! BUT, the reason I was asking, it was 70 degrees outside, I'm already SO hot now, and I was thinking about church in the morning. The thought of putting on panty hose with temps in the 60's and 70's just felt too hot for me. BUT, my legs are so white I knew I couldn't go without them!

ANYWAYS... Sunday morning rolls around, and as Jared was in the shower (we have a glass door on it), I walked out of our closet with a black tank top under a purple dress... no panty hose yet, or shoes. You could see like ONE square inch of this tank top at the V neck line of the dress, and that was all! As I walked past the shower and asked Jared if the dressed looked okay (however, this was like the 3rd thing I'd tried on), his comment was "Looks good, but do you think you should wear a white tank top since you're wearing white panty hose?"

REMEMBER... I said "I wasn't wearing any panty hose yet at this point"!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll pause for laughs.......

Now, one MIGHT think he was joking considering our conversation the night before, but as soon as I corrected him letting him know that was just MY WHITE LEGS, instead of hearing "I was joking", he said "well it's just the texture of your legs... did you just shave". I said "Nice Try!!", that was followed by another excuse... "It's foggy in here"... Wait Jared... didn't you just see the SQUARE INCH of tank top that almost blends with my dark purple dress, AND, notice my legs were nicely shaven and smooth???? YEAH right, it's too foggy in there to really see!!! So, I pretty much followed up by a "might as well just drop it at this point"!!!!

OH ME...

So, anyone know??? Think I can use sunless tanners!?!?

FYI... I left the house with black panty hose, and black shoes (as originally intended), and almost had to start fanning myself in the choir loft while singing because I was breaking out in a sweat!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Michele-Team Mom said...

Not sure about the sunless tanning lotion but one solution might be pants if you can stand them.

Heather said...

haha. Thats GREAT!!! I was thinking about that too. I have never wore anything that can show my legs off without alittle bit of tan. If you notice thats why I wear pants to church! My legs are sooo white. It's crazy.

Melissa McCutcheon said...

Instead of a "selfless" tanner, as you call it, I would use the leg spray that gives you a light coat, but that washes off in the shower. It's called "spray on pantyhose" and it is AWESOME. I am as pale as it gets, but I wear this at work and no one knows. That way you avoid streaks and all. They sell it at Walgreens in the pantyhose aisle and at Walmart. check it out!

Cassie said...

Never heard of it... obviously!!! :) I'll have to check into it!

Anonymous said...

yea, pantyhose are for the birds!! Haven't worn them in many, many years!! I would ask you DR tomorrow abt the tanners, anything you put on your skin seeps in.
Lindsay