Monday, March 30, 2009

Dance a Jig!

Many of you know Maclain quite well, and unlike me, he is NOT one to get on a stage and perform in front of a crowd!! He's always been more of a "behind the scenes" kinda guy! WELL, while we were at Playhouse Disney Live last Friday (one of my last outings for a while), one of the actors came down during intermission and started talking to Maclain. Being his usual self, he buried his face in my shoulder and wanted me to do the talking. We finally got him to interact a bit, and the lady asked if he wanted to come up on stage and show everyone how to do the "Hot Diggity Dog" dance! He said yes, and then looked at me, motioned, and said "come on"! I said, "No baby, you go and Mommy will take your picture... it's okay!" SO... a little hesitant, he went with the sweet lady. She took him over to the side and for several minutes went over the dance moves and what was going to happen. The whole time Jared and I sat watching and discussing, "should we tell her she should probably pick somebody else??" We had already prepared ourselves to go grab him off stage when he "flipped out" and started crying! MUCH to our surprise... this is how he did!!!!

We did see just a moment of hesitation when he looked out at the crowd, but it didn't take long for the "Mommy" to come out in him and try to hog the spot light! However... I must say, the dance moves came from Daddy!! :)

P.S. No... I'm not up doing the Hot Diggity Dog dance, I'm just zoomed way in with our little point and shoot camera, and laughing, so it's a shaky video!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so great! He's not even my child and I was so proud of him up there dancing!

Joy said...

How sweet. He did a great job!
Aunt Joy

courtney said...

That's AWESOME!! Our tv upstairs doesn't have noggin, so we've been watching disney in the mornings and just started watching mickey's playhouse most days. if you get to come to granny's, you should ask dave to do Mickey's hot diggity dog dance for you!!