Thursday, March 26, 2009

Got any good books?

WELL... I typing this while laying on the couch, because I am now on a modified bed rest! I can get up to potty and pop some food in the microwave! I'm supposed to get help with Maclain, but am allowed to get in the floor and play with him now and then as long as my blood pressure isn't too high. I also got an okay to take Maclain to Playhouse Disney tomorrow, and hopefully, if nothing changes, I'll make it to the baby shower the church is throwing for us next Sunday!! Other than those select things, I am to be laying down!! Simply put, my blood pressure is up while sitting up or on my feet, and down when I'm laying down, so it's just a no brainer!! There is no other intervention at this time since laying down brings my blood pressure down, but I am now on a weekly rotation with the OB to try and catch it quickly if anything changes!! She said I could make it to 36 weeks just like this, or things could worsen in just a couple of weeks! I'm now only 25 weeks, so I have at least 11 or so weeks left to make it to a time frame of not having a scary delivery!! SO... on to the prayers! Please pray that my blood pressure will not worsen, that the trace protein that is now in my urine (protein in the urine means your kidneys aren't functioning as well) will not worsen, and that this little man stays in my tummy for at least another 11 weeks!! I have 14 weeks and 2 days before my due date! That's THREE months early!!!! We can't have this baby yet... just can't!

Anyways... my days will now be spent on the couch with the tv, laptop, and maybe a book or magazine!! :( It's well worth it, but just tough with a 3 year old, and a house that's growing dust by the minute!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Twilight series. Yes, it's about vampires but not those kind of vampires. It's so good. Brooke, Mallory and I are so addicted. Really, everyone I know is. It's a four book series. Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. It took me about a week to read all four. I neglected my children. Haha! I have some other great book options for you. They are escaping my memory at the moment so I will get back to you.

We are praying for you, keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cassie, this is Nick Ledlows wife! I came across your blog on facebook! We will both be praying for you......The Twilight books are wonderful. I am addicted!!! Also the Southern Sisters mysteries by Anne George. They are funny and a quick read! anyway, hope everything goes well with the baby!

Angie said...

For some good christian reading - anything by Karen Kingsbury is good ... no great.

hicksfamilycircus said...

You will be in our prayers for sure!!

kimberly t. bowling said...

Cassie....friend of the Lawsons--Joy, Brady, Courtney, Josh and crews...even blog friend to Michele.....anyway, just wanted to say I have tons of books. In 2 book clubs so I read all the time. Would be glad to give you titles and authors of some great reads, or if you'll send me your email, I'd be happy to mail you some to read.

I pray God's peace on you and the sweet baby growing inside you....hope he stays in until many weeks.

Joy said...

Cassie,
Please stay flat on your back as much as a Mama can! You will be in my prayers and thoughts, all day, everyday. Let's keep that little Lawson incubating for 11 more weeks.
Aunt Joy

Kim Lawson said...

Cassie,

You and that precious baby are definitely in our thoughts and prayers. If there is ANYTHING I can do, please let me know.

As far as books, I don't have any suggestions (since I rarely have time to read!), however, a bunch of folks at my office are reading The Twilight series and they love them.

Take care and do keep us posted.

Love ya!

Courtney Long said...

maybe i should try twilight?? can i say, when i was reading your entry, and you said, "i'm getting up to potty and pop...." i had to do a double take. i thought you blogged... "i'm getting up to potty and poop!" haha. you will be in my prayers!! we love you!!