Wednesday, March 18, 2009

"Den-she"

Maclain said the FUNNIEST thing last night! My Mom, Dad, Jared, me and Maclain all packed up in the car to head to the funeral home in Birmingham! On the way home, Maclain was deliriously tired, and was talking 90 to nothing trying to stay awake!! Jared decided to tell some jokes which we all laughed at, so Maclain took his own turn! After saying "joke" and giggling over and over about 5 times... thinking that was cute in his delirious mind... I decided to change things up for everyone's sake! I said "Let's tell funny stories"! My mom quickly came up with an idea. She said, "I don't think I heard the whole story about when Mommy rescued the little dog" (I know you MUST remember the story of the dog I rescued/stole back in February). Maclain quickly started adding his own parts of that story, and how he loved dogs, and my Mom said "Mommy got really muddy from the puppy dog didn't she?" Okay... being from the south her WHOLE life (such as I), she said this statement in true southern form. Just read it to yourself in your own mind. When you said "didn't she", you don't say "Did-NT-she", do you?? You kinda slur that phrase together, right?? Come on, admit it!! SO... when my mom said that, it came out sounding more as "den-she", just like many of us southerners do by combining words and syllables into little compound phrases! NOBODY (but Maclain) thought a single thing about what she said, and was waiting for Malcain to agree! Instead, Maclain looked at Meemaw kind of confused, and in his very "questioning" voice, he said "Meemaw, what's a "Den-shee"!

You may have had to have been there, but all I have to say with my big pregnant self is I'm glad I went to pee pee RIGHT before we got back on the road!!! I laughed SO hard!!!!

4 comments:

Kristi Carmon Huskey said...

OMGosh...that's so funny (Den-she) I just read the story to Greg too. We're laughing. That's good.

Anonymous said...

Haha! Only in the south. He is picking it up already.

Joy said...

I bet Aunt Joy laughed at this den she!

Kim Lawson said...

Too cute! Gotta love the south!