Thursday, July 24, 2008

It turns ugly in an instant!


For all of those parents out there, you truly understand how one moment, your child can be the happiest ever... then one tiny little moment happens... and it turns ugly in an instant!


This morning, I went out to my parents house to shoot a session there. Before my clients arrived, I was using Maclain (who was going to hang out with his Peepaw during the session) to test my lighting. Well... I saw my old kitty cat, Rowdy, sleeping on the bench, and I thought it would be super cute for Maclain to crawl up beside him and pretend he was sleeping. Well, Maclain was happy to comply and jumped right up! Rowdy was super excited to have the company, and greeted Maclain with his traditional display of effection... little nibbles. WELL... to a TWO year old, this can be a scary moment! Although there wasn't even an indention of teeth marks, Maclain went completely nuts! This picture was taken while Maclain was processing what exactly was going on. See the love in Rowdy's face... and the complete disgust in Maclain's?


BTW... as I'm loading the picture, Clain's hanging out beside me, and saw the pic and said "Rowdy bite my fingers, and my cry"! It's still painful for him.... :)

2 comments:

Kim Lawson said...

Just gotta love kids and their reactions or should I say over-reactions!!! Great story!

hicksfamilycircus said...

Too cute. What a moment to catch on film. I had a kitty cat that looked like that growing up. Good old Calico.