Sunday, July 20, 2008

Whatever It Takes!


My mom brought us some fresh okra from the garden, so tonight I fried it up to go along side some leftover roast and potatoes (my generous friend, Amanda, shared with us when Maclain got really sick Friday). Maclain was NOT convinced that the green, veggie looking side dish was worth trying. As much as I LOVE fresh fried okra from the garden, I had to do whatever it took so it wouldn't go to waste! :) I told him it tasted like candy... he didn't believe it, so Jared helped in the convincing! We finally convinced him they were "candy crisps". VICTORY! He tried them! After a few bites here and there, we made the conclusion that he really only liked the "crispy breading" that fell off of the okra, but we got a few real bites down! I'll take it!


So... if you ever offer my child okra, don't blow our cover! :) Have a great week!

No comments: