Wednesday, July 30, 2008

For those of you who missed it!


I sent this out to several friends and family, but it's just too funny to not share with everyone!


Back in March, I was trying to be a good mom, and was cooking a nutrisioush (probably spaghettios) lunch for Maclain. He was playing quietly, which isn't too odd. When lunch was ready I called for him, and as he yelled "OKAY" he went running PAST the door to come toward me. After yelling for him once more, wondering why he went the direction he did, he yelled back "I'm coming". THEN... he came... like a quiet little tornado into the living room, headed to me in the kitchen, and THIS is how I found him! He had decided to borrow the black PERMANENT marker from the office (he saw me use not long before)! He quietly took it in his room and proceeded to mark as much of his legs as possible!!!! Not to mention in less than 2 hours we had a dr.'s appointment with the ENT, and this was the VERY first day of the spring season I picked shorts for him to wear!!!! After a long bath with a scrub down of finger nail polish removal, and hairspray, we scarfed down lunch and headed to the dr. with purplish marked legs (I just had to let him wear the shorts after that)!!! The streaks took SEVERAL weeks to completely wear off. All I have to say is Praise God it was the legs and not the furniture or walls!!! :) I LOVE being a mom!!!

1 comment:

Kim Lawson said...

Cassie, the only thing worse would be if he wrote on you, too! I was taking a nap with John Brady a few months ago only to wake up and find he had marked on me as well as himself!!!! I, too, posted it on my blog.