Sunday, September 28, 2008

All about Maclain

I know I'm WAY behind, but I did school pics for Maclain's Mother's Day Out program, and that got me WAY behind and overworked!! SO, I'm just now getting to it! I will post some of last week's normal sessions later, but for now, it's time to catch you up with Maclain! :) Here's our week in review:

This was last Sunday night! Like most Sundays, we went ALL day long, then we ended it with AWANA from 5-7. Clain LOVES being a little Puggle, and our church has a fantastic program. Because of the days events, no nap, ending with full out Puggle night (with Crazy Hair - our theme that night), we came in about 10 after 7, and by about 7:20 this is how I found Maclain! He didn't even eat dinner that night!! He slept for over 12 hours that night!!!


Then came Monday... what a tough day... I kept Maclain home from school so I could give him one more day of potty training time (since he is NOT a fan of the public potty... he gets that honest)! ANYWAY... I still had to work which kept me occupied, so needless to say he got into LOTS of things! This was the first thing! He decided he had a little dry skin, and needed a LITTLE lotion! There was a LOT more in his room!!! Even his Woody doll got a dose from head to toe... Buzz made it through this one unscathed!


This was the second thing that happened... this was one of his trips to the potty! Have you ever seen the new Curious George movie with Will Ferrell as one of the voices? WELL, in that movie, Curious George fills up the bathroom with toilet paper as he unrolls, and unrolls, and unrolls, the toilet paper roll! When I found Maclain I said "WHAT are you DOING?" He said, "See, I'm like Monkey George"!!!! At this point I was second guessing keeping him at home, BUT, it finally worked! That's right, Maclain is POTTY TRAINED!!! He's 100%, all big boy undies, 24 hours a day (as long as we're at home) :)! When we're out and about, it takes a lot of convincing on the public potties!! If I have to haul his potty around with us, I'll do it!!! :) I'm SO proud of him! I think he'll get the public thing soon... he did pretty good at school Wednesday and Thursday, and did decent at church, but we send him in pull-ups since he's a little uneasy with public potties, AND people OTHER than his immediate family! :) I'm thinking after another week, maybe he'll be in undies 24/7 no matter where he is!
THEN came Tuesday night!!!!!!!!!! We had our first official visit to the ER!!! That's right, we made it three years without one, so I guess we should consider ourselves lucky! Jared and I were working late, and didn't get Clain in the tub til about 9:45. We had a LONG day of school pics ahead of us in the morning, and I still had to pack all of my equipment up! Well, when it was time to get out of the tub, I started draining the water, then was putting the toys up at the back of the bathtub... the same time, Clain decided to try and get out by himself!!! Before I ever saw him he slipped and broke his fall with his chin!! The cut wasn't deep, but when he looked upward at all, it gaped WAY open! SO, off to the ER we go at 10pm. Around 12:30 we left Children's ER in Huntsville with Popsicle, and a very tired little man in hand! LUCKILY the cut wasn't deep enough for stitches, but they glued it! It was awesome! We just had to keep it dry... no bandaging, no cleaning, no nothing!!! Well worth the trip! I don't have a pic on the computer at the moment, but with it all glued, it's not too impressive anyway! :)

Finally... we make it through the week, and I'm starting to get caught up! Not there yet, but took a chunk out of my work load at least! I think this picture was taken Friday. Cute story here... My Dad used to stop at those little machines you put a quarter in, and it drops the claw down and you hopefully grab a toy! I had quite a few toys from those!!! Well, I have a ritual with Maclain now, and every time we leave Wal-Mart (unless he's acted horribly) we stop by the machine and give it a try! I've gotten pretty good!!! We more likely than not end up with another cheap stuffed animal! SO, now his bed is COVERED in stuffed animals! This is what he chose to do with those animals this weekend! :)

One last note! Maclain LOVES these little toy machines. I have no idea what it's called, so I have him calling it "the machine"! He often pretends to "play the machine" using little robot toy arms to reach and grab his toys. He opens, drops, closes, and pulls up... just like the machine! WELL, for his birthday he received a card with money at his birthday. He immediately looked up at me and said "Monies"!!! Then proceeded to use his arm to mock the machine!!! Guess what he wanted to spend his money on!? :) We made a trip the next week and came home with another obnoxiously cheap stuffed animal!!

That is a FULL week's worth of blogs in one day!! :) I will post new house pictures in the next couple of days!!!! I think this is enough for now! :)

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Joy said...

The potty picture is priceless!
Aunt Joy

Angie said...

Now you really have me missing the days with my little ones who are now almost 20 and almost 15. I too took pictures of everything, even when I got on to them for something I snapped a picture first. Priceless! Keep the Maclain posts coming girl!