Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It's not meant to be!



Two funny things...


One, my mom has pointed out that I put everyone else's children on here that look absolutely adorable. They're all clean, in their best dressed outfits, and cutest faces. My child on the other hand appears half dressed, usually filthy, with silly faces! Well, all I have to say about that is when you're a part of this family, in this home, it's not about being perfect... it's about loving each other just as we are! :) SO... here's some more pictures of my child looking quite pitiful! :)


Two, this shirt just isn't going to happen! I found a duplicate of this shirt at Wal-mart for $3.88. It was almost too small, but the price and saying alone made it an extraordinary buy, so I figured I could get at least a couple of wears out of it! :) WELL, we were in Disney World on Mother's Day, so I took it with us, and put it on him to go to dinner that night (appropriate for the occasion, right)? WELL... my child proceeded to spill chocolate milk ALL over it! SO, now it was really too small, and REALLY stained! Fast forward to the beach trip in July! We made a grocery run to Wal-mart where I found the same shirt again, but now in a bigger size (that he could wear now, AND grow into)... Plus, IT WAS ON SALE!! SO, I'm feeling great! Now, the first time he wears it, Dad gives him chocolate milk... next thing I know, HALF of the front of the shirt is covered in chocolate milk. It's a SIPPY CUP... how does this happen!? SO, about 50 washes and stain treatments later (yes, it probably cost $20 in electricity and water to save a $2 shirt) I finally get the stain faded enough to where it's not completely noticeable! It's at least fit to wear to school. SO, today, I dress him for school and drop him off in his super cool shirt. Well, I go to pick him up and find out today was "A is for Apple" day so they got to eat chocolate covered apples! YEP, Chocolate AGAIN! You can't tell it much from this angle of picture (Clain was my test shot here for my afternoon session), but we're back at square one with the shirt! You should see the rest of it! Not to mention, after a quick visit to Aunt Kim's it now also has a bit of ground in cheese puffs on the tummy! I give up... it's not meant to be! I'm not calling this a complete defeat... I still "rule"... I just rule so much I don't need a shirt to explain it! :)

1 comment:

hicksfamilycircus said...

I'm so with ya on the just loving each other just the way you are. In our house it's the same way. Whatever works to bring about a happy, loving and united family! You Rule Cassie!! ;)