Monday, August 18, 2008

KELLER IS HERE!!!!



I'm now THREE sessions behind on posting to the blog, but I had to take a quick break for something really special today! My dear friend and neighbor, Lindsay gave birth to her second baby boy yesterday! Her oldest is Maclain's best little buddy... they fight like real brothers! :)


Now, for those of you who know me, the stories that make up my life, do not go without gliches! So, here's another! :) I had a newborn session this morning (pics of those to come soon too), and as soon as I was all packed up, Maclain and I headed to the hospital to meet Price's new baby brother, Keller (aka Kelwwer). If you don't know, there's been a big stink here in Decatur at the hospital, and the only group of OB's that deliver at Decatur General are moving their practice (as of October) to Huntsville. I never thought to ask if Lindsay if she was going to just go ahead to Huntsville or not... I just assumed Decatur. The room number matched up with the maternity floor in Decatur and everything! SO, I ran and grabbed everyone lunch, parked at Decatur General, went up to the 5th floor (lunch, drinks, LARGE camera bag, purse, and Maclain in hand). I knocked on the door, and a sweet nurse from behind me said "I think you have the wrong room". I sweetly said back, "It's the right room number??", and she said "Noone's in that room"! SO... it hit me, and I said "Ah... right room, probably wrong hospital!"! :) YEP, I was 30 minutes from Lindsay (who delivered in Huntsville), with a lunch growing colder by the minute! :) I felt SO bad that I was fixing to bring them cold lunch... but we just gathered everything up and headed that way! I guess Maclain overheard mine and the nurse's conversation, because as I left the hospital (with food and drink still in hand... that had to look odd LEAVING the hospital with food), Maclain kept saying "We're at the WRONG place"... "We're at the WRONG place"! That really helped with the embarrassment! :) I called Lindsay's husband who was waiting for me in the parking lot... you know 30 minutes away... to let him know I was getting off the elevator... IN DECATUR!!!! :) Anyways... 30 minutes later, and I was snuggling Keller, and he was so worth the extra adventure!


Congratulations friends! We're so happy God has blessed you with another precious little one!!

2 comments:

Kim Lawson said...

Precious!!

Anonymous said...

I began reading your blog about Keller and became misty eyed, but by the end I was laughing!!! Love the story, that's what makes life fun!
Jennifer H.