Thursday, August 14, 2008

One Thankful Mama, and One Proud Papa!

Just a few minutes ago, I had one of those incredibly overwhelming moments where I was SO thankful to be able to work from home!!

Just a little background... ALOT of our friends are pregnant and about to deliver within weeks, and we have lots of newborn babies around us (not to mention, we get lots of baby visits to the studio), so Maclain has become obsessed with babies in the belly, and babies in general! He walked out of his room with his Blues Clues stuffed animal under his shirt and said "I have a baby in my Bellwie". Too cute, right? Well, a few minutes later I went to his room to put his shoes up, and as I was walking in, he was walking out and said "Shhh... the baby's 'sweepin'". He had put his "baby" on the bed, covered him up and was going to shut the door so he could nap! :) BUT, I was still holding the stuffed animal he gave me (which he told me was my baby), so it was time to put him to sleep as well! I handed the baby over, and RAN to get the video camera all put together! I caught the tail end of Maclain singing (Twinkle Twinkle Little Star) and rocking the baby to sleep (that's what you hear at the beginning of the video (he's on the right), and then you can see the rest of it for yourself! :) SOO sweet... and brings tears to my eyes... Okay... right as I was typing tears, I got a pair of tiny, dirty socks flung on top of the keyboard followed by a loud "HAHAHAHAHA"! :) The moment's not gone... just more to the story now! :) So, today (as with everyday), I'm one thankful Mama... Clain today is one proud papa to one Blues Clues, and one brown stuffed dog! I'm thinking they are fraternal twins! :)

OH NO... that means I'm a grandma!!

3 comments:

Linda Lawson said...

How Precious! You can tell that he has been taught well! Love You!!

hicksfamilycircus said...

You are too funny and so is your boy! I love it. You'll be so glad you got this on tape.

Anonymous said...

Brought a few tears to my on eyes! SO PRECIOUS!!!

Cassie, I am so glad you are able to be home and watch your little boy grow up and to teach him your and Jared's values and God's ways. Nothing, absolutely nothing, more rewarding!

Mrs. Angie